Lindsay Farmers’ Market
- Categories: Baked Goods, Beef, Duck, Fibre, Fruit, Goat Milk / Cheese, Grain, Herbs, Honey, Lamb, Maple Syrup, Other General, Plants / Flowers, Preserves, Specialty Meat, Turkey, Vegetables, Wool & Wool Products
Buy Local Region city-of-kawartha-lakes
Upcoming Events / Activities -
Seasonal Hours Saturdays, 7am to 1pm. Thursdays, 10am to 3pm. May 1 to October 31.
Choose the Farmers' Market(s) you sell at Lindsay-Farmers-Market
COVID-Update: The Lindsay Farmers’ Market started on Saturday May 30, 2020. There are two days and locations every week: Saturdays from 7am – 1pm on Victoria Ave. and Thursdays from 10am to 3pm at Wilson Fields on St. Joseph Rd.
Due to provincial State of Emergency restrictions, there will be food vendors only. The market will be following strict safety protocols from the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit. The market is returning but will look a bit different, we ask that everyone follow the guidelines below so we can continue to stay open and keep everyone healthy. Shoppers are reminded not to gather or loiter at the market. After making essential purchases, shoppers are asked to return home so that others may attend and to prevent large group gatherings from being formed
If you are feeling ill, you should not visit the market. If you are healthy, you are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Follow the directions of market organizers. Shoppers are asked to enter and exit the market from the library parking lot only. Shopping will be one way only.
- Please only one shopper per household.
- Practise physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) from other customers and vendors.
- If possible, use alcohol-based sanitizer after pickup at each vendor.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Customers are asked to not touch any products, vendors will be happy to assist you.
- Reusable bags are not permitted at the market at this time.
- Wearing a homemade (cloth) mask is optional; these masks will not protect you from the virus but may help prevent you from spreading the virus if you are asymptomatic.
- After returning home, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Absolutely no smoking at the market.
- Pets should be kept at home.
The Lindsay Farmer’s Market is one of the longest running markets in Ontario. The market was established in 1859. See our Facebook page for current information and updates: https://www.facebook.com/lindsayfarmersmarketsince1859/
Over 35 vendors offering everything from local in-season farm fresh produce, maple syrup, jam & jellies, flowers, shrubs, home baking, wood furniture, crafts, fair trade organic coffee, outdoor wooden furniture, soaps, farm fresh meats, hand made jewelry, and paintings from local artists. The market is full knowledgeable people, making it a great place to ask questions and learn how produce gets from the farm to your table.
With the continued demand and growth of Farmers’ Markets in Ontario, the Lindsay Farmers’ Market has created this additional Market Day to service the community during the week. The Thursday Market is a producer only market and will offer an array of your favorites and many new local vendors. Our location at Wilson Fields offers plenty of free parking and is easily accessible from St. Joseph Street.
Market Dates & Times – Now 2 days per week at different locations:
Saturdays – May 1 to October 31, 7am to 1pm Downtown Lindsay on Victoria Avenue between Kent Street and Peel Street.
Thursdays – May 1 to October 31, 10am – 3pm at Wilson Fields at 235 Colborne St W, Lindsay. Enter on St. Joseph Rd.